Hey! Are you ready for 2020? I am and I’m excited about my new Patreon blog! Join me for bite-sized information about self-care, anti-racism, and social justice. Together, we can change the world one action at a time.
My goal is to create a library of bite-sized information around self-care and social justice. It might be a video, article, meditation, or commentary on current events. Some posts will be open to the public. Others will be for patrons only.
I’ve got some cool events planned for 2020, including webinars with friends and colleagues, demos of self-care techniques, AMA (Ask Me Anything events), and tons of info for anybody interested in anti-racism and social justice. Not sure if you’re ready for one of my online courses? No problem. This is a great place to start.
Why support this library or join a course? The benefits aren’t just for you. What you learn here will support everyone you interact with, too.
• Practice active listening
• Learn facts about race, racism, feminism, and social justice that they don’t teach in school
• Understand social privilege
• Learn how racism is a system, not individual behavior
• Look at the long-term effects of racism
• Gain the confidence to speak about race
• Gain the confidence to stand up against racism
• Understand intersectionality (term coined in 1989 by Kimberlé Crenshaw)
• Practice cultural humility (term coined in 1998 by Melanie Tervalon and Jann Murray-Garcia)
• Recognize defensive behavior specific to racism
• Stop feeling guilty and persecuted
There are so many other things you can learn by listening and having open discussions about race. And practicing self-care along the way helps us to remember to stay in the present and reminds us that even if we’re uncomfortable, we’re okay. I hope you’ll join me on this journey because we’ve got work to undo!
Come back Christmas Eve for a special meditation to let go of pent up emotions and get settled into our bodies. I can’t wait to see you because I know you’re brave and we have so much work to undo! (P.S. I know I’m pointing the wrong way. The buttons and sign up form are on the other side of the page. Gah! Lol.)